Join Us In The Fight Against Alzheimer’s!
Did you know?
- Alzheimer’s Disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the US
- Every 66 seconds someone in the United States develops Alzheimer’s Disease
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another type of dementia
- Alzheimer’s deaths have increase 89% since 2000
Alzheimer’s Disease is the most common type of dementia, affecting more than 5 million people in the United States. Alzheimer’s Disease is not a normal part of aging, but the majority of those affected are 65 and older. The disease worsens over time and has no known cure.
Providence Place is once again participating in the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s® at Target Field on Saturday September 28th, because we are committed to raising awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support, and research. We hope to one day see Alzheimer’s first survivor! Register online to join our team at http://act.alz.org/goto/provplace.
How can you help us reach our fundraising goal of $1000?
- Purchase a purple ribbon for $1 in the front lobby
- Participate in our bake sale on August 9
- Make a secure, tax-deductible donation at http://act.alz.org/goto/provplace
- Give your cash or check donations to Brett Collins, Director of Community Life. Please make checks payable to the Alzheimer’s Association
All donations benefit the Alzheimer’s Association — and every dollar makes a difference in this fight.