Celebrating Active Aging Week
Created by the International Council on Active Aging® (ICAA) in 2003, Active Aging Week takes place each year during the last week of September. Providence Place will be celebrating Active Aging Week with special events each day during the week of September 24. These activities will encompass all areas of health and well being—physical, social, spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and environmental. We hope to encourage our residents and their families to experience new wellness activities in an enjoyable and supportive environment, and to create healthy habits. Special events include:
- Wellness Bingo- a fun way to introduce others to the dimensions of wellness and to try new things
- An outing to Como Zoo- a great way to experience the outdoors and learn about a variety of wildlife
- Intro to Yoga- a safe, non-threatening opportunity to experience different types of yoga and enjoy the physical and emotional benefits
- Spa Day- a stress-free afternoon consisting of massages, facials, energy based practices, and the benefits of essential oils
- Food For Thought- an educational session about ways that foods can help to enhance brain function
For more information, please see our monthly calendar on our home page or contact Community Life staff at 612-238-2538.