Memory care at Providence Place is for those with memory impairments such as Alzheimer’s and dementia as well as complex medical needs. Providence Place memory care includes the same level of support found within our skilled nursing care, with the added benefit of customized activities to maximize independence.
Providence Place offers two distinct areas dedicated to memory care, including one female-only unit. This allows residents and family members to choose the environment where they know the resident will feel most comfortable.
Each memory care unit is located in a safe and secure area within the building. Residents can enjoy the spacious living and dining area to socialize with neighbors and guests.
Also included in memory care is a range of customized wellness services and programs that include social activities, educational and intellectual programs, physical wellness activities, vocational programs and spiritual services. Learn more about wellness and spirituality at Providence Place.
Services and special features included in memory care:
- Assistance with all activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, preparing for bed, and escorting to meals and activities
- Structured daily programs
- 24/7 skilled nursing care that includes a qualified, professional team consisting of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, registered nursing assistants, and trained medication aides
- Individualized dining program overseen by a dietician with accommodations for special diets, menu choices and snacks
- Customized wellness programs that revolve around the “wellness wheel,” that has six dimensions of wellness including social, intellectual, physical, emotional, vocations, and spiritual
- Monthly Alzheimer’s support group for family members
Whatever your current situation, you should know that if your health status changes and you need a greater level of care, the 24/7 on-site resources at Providence Place are available to help meet your unique needs.